FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Playa La Caleta (which means “Beach Cove”) or PLC for short, is an eco-tourism resort with a 100-hectare cove. Located in the municipality of Morong in the province of Bataan, it has a 1-kilometer white sand beach at the front, lush mountain jungle/forest in the middle and 3 waterfalls at the back. On the left side of the cove is also a 1-hectare islet, called Miguelito Island.
PLC accommodations include ocean-view beach cottages & gazebos, air-conditioned beach rooms and camping tents. For day trip guests, picnic tables are available. Outdoor activities include hiking trails, mountain biking, kite flying, beach volleyball, football and badminton. Water sport activities include kayaking, stand-up paddling, 75-foot water slide, snorkeling, cliff jumping, windsurfing, skim boarding, body boarding and surfing. The Scarborough restaurant, Shark bar and Coconut cafe are also available for food & beverage.
PLC advocates sustainable tourism through its monthly beach cleanups, eco-camps, eco-brick program, ban on single use plastic, tree planting, marine turtle, giant clam & resident eagle conservation efforts.
RESORT RULES AND REGULATIONS
For a clean, safe and enjoyable stay at PLC, all guests must follow the House Rules and Regulations.
- Registration: Guests must present a valid ID card or passport upon check-in or use of any resort service. Guest must show valid proof of identity to PLC resort employee upon arrival and immediately register. Registration must include name of the guest, passport number with country of origin (for foreign guests), address, phone number & email, and written signature. The room tariff is not inclusive of any charges for food and beverages or any other services; these can be billed to your room account, except for package tours.
- Settlement of Bills: All bills must be settled upon presentation via cash payment only. Credit cards and cheques are not accepted at the resort. All guests are obliged to pay the standard prices for accommodations and other services in accordance with the valid price list upon arrival.
- For Overnight guests, Check-in time is 2:00pm; Check-out time is 10:00am: Late checkout requests are only up to 12:00pm, and require notice 24 hours prior to checkout, and this extension of stay shall be subject to room availability. Any guest extending beyond check-out time of 10:00am (without prior late check-out request) shall be subject to an automatic charge of Php1,000.00 per hour, and if extension exceeds check-in time of 2:00pm, the charge will be equal to another overnight stay.
- For Daytrip guests, Check-in time is 8:00 am; Check-out time is 5:00 pm: No late checkout requests are allowed. Any guest extending beyond check-out time of 5:00pm shall be subject to an automatic charge of Php1,000.00 per hour, and if extension exceeds 7:00pm, the charge will be equal to an overnight stay.
- Make-up time of Cottages and Gazebos is from 8:00am to 5:00pm only.
- Management shall not be responsible for any mishap, injury or loss within the resort, as well as for any loss of personal property; guests are advised to secure their children, seniors, personal belongings and valuables. Guests are obliged to pay for any loss or damage of resort property caused by themselves, their friends or any person for whom they are responsible.
- Be considerate of other guests: Lights-out policy on the island is strictly at 10:00pm; all forms of alcoholic drinking sessions on the island must end by 12:00am midnight. Any guest violating the shut-eye & drinking hours shall be subject to a penalty of Php2,000 per person.
- Noise Pollution: Please be courteous to other guests by keeping noise to a minimum in resort premises and refrain from loud music and noise from 10:00pm to 9:00am. All forms of Videoke, Sound Systems and/or other devices emitting disturbing noise are strictly not allowed. Any guest violating this policy shall be subject to a penalty of Php2,000 per person and PLC security reserves the right to confiscate and impound said items found on guests.
- Waste Disposal: Being an eco-resort, please practice the LEAVE NO TRACE policy. Please segregate & throw your trash in the garbage containers. Guests are also encouraged to bring back home with them their non-biodegradable garbage upon check-out. Any guest caught littering shall be subject to a penalty of Php2,000 per person.
- Bonfire: Personal and direct-to-sand bonfires are not allowed. Register & request from the office our staff-assisted bonfires which use metal drums and fallen wood.
- Hazardous goods: Gas cylinders, cooking stoves, inflammable fuels, etc brought by guests to the resort are strictly prohibited. PLC security reserves the right to confiscate and impound said items found on guests.
- Respect Wildlife & Leave what you find: Applies to wildlife 7 marine life, flora or fauna on the island. No fishing.
- Amenities: Guests may not move any furnishings, or interfere with the electrical network or any other installations in the rooms or premises of the resort without the consent of the management. If any malfunction is discovered during your stay please report to the reception and repair will be made as soon as possible.
- Electrical Appliances: Guests may not use their own electrical appliances which are not used for personal hygiene.
- Safety: If a guest becomes ill or injured, the resort can help with provision of medical assistance, or as the case may be, arrange for the guest to be taken to a hospital, all at the guest’s expense.
- For security & safety reasons, it is not appropriate to leave children under 12 years of age without adult supervision in resort premises, especially on the swimming & forest areas. Management shall not be responsible for your children.
- Smoking in common areas is strictly prohibited. Please proceed to the smoking area of the resort. Cigarettes must be disposed properly to avoid forest fires. Any guest caught smoking in common areas shall be subject to a penalty of Php2,000 per person.
- All forms of Illegal Drugs are strictly prohibited. Any guest caught shall be subject to legal & police proceedings.
- Pets: Dogs and other pet animals of guests are strictly prohibited.
- NO FIREARMS are allowed within the resort premises. Any guest caught shall be subject to legal & police proceedings.
- PLC reserves the right to change at any time its official Rules and Regulations.
- All Guests must observe these House Rules. In the event that a guest is in breach of these rules, PLC reserves the right to repudiate the agreement on the provision of accommodation services before the agreed period has elapsed.
Thank you for staying with us at Playa La Caleta Resort and for helping preserve the beauty of nature. "Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time.
BY: PLC MANAGEMENT
There are several options on how to get to PLC. All these options will include a final leg that requires a short boat ride or PLC’s transfer service via its private parking lot.
Via Public TransportOption 1: via Fajardo's
- Take a bus from the Cubao to Balanga via either Bataan Transit or Five Star (Php200)
- From the Balanga Bus Terminal, take a jeep to bring you to the Bagac Public Market (Php50)
- From the Bagac Public Market, take a tricycle to Fajardo’s Beach Resort located in Bagac, Bataan (Php50)
- From the port of Fajardo’s Beach Resort, take a 25-30 minute boat ride to PLC (Php1,800 for 10 persons)
Option 2: via La Salle
- Take a bus from the Cubao to Balanga via either Bataan Transit or Five Star (Php200)
- From the Balanga Bus Terminal, take a jeep to bring you to the Bagac Bus Terminal (Php50)
- From the Bagac Bus Terminal, take a tricycle to Jaime Hilario Integrated La Salle School in Morong, Bataan between kilometer 56 & 57 markers (Php250 for 2 persons)
- From the port of La Salle School, take a 10-15 minute boat ride to PLC (Php1,800 for 10 persons)
Via Private VehicleOption 1: via NLEX
- From Manila, take the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and exit at San Fernando (Php157 toll fee)
- Take the westbound side of Jose Abad Santos Avenue (Gapan-Olongapo Road), heading towards the towns of Bacolor, Guagua, and Lubao in Pamgpanga.
- Upon reaching Dinalupihan, turn left at Roman Superhighway.
- Once in Balanga City, turn right at Gov. J.J. Linao National Road. Drive along the scenic route at the foot of Mt. Samat (where you can see the Dambana ng Kagitingan).
- Continue driving until you see the Philippine-Japan friendship tower.
- From this tower, follow the color blue, metallic, reflectorized signages that point to PLC.
- In between the Kilometer 56 & 57 markers, the same PLC signage will tell you to go down a road on the left side. This will bring you to the port of the Jaime Hilario Integrated La Salle School in Morong, Bataan.
- From the port of La Salle School, take a 10-15 minute boat ride to PLC (Php1,800 for 10 persons)
Option 2: via SCTEX
- Take the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) and exit at Dinalupihan.
- Turn right at Roman Superhighway and follow the same directions above.
- Compared to via NLEX, this option is about 30 minutes longer.
Option 3: via PLC Private Parking (i.e. no boat ride needed)
- Same road directions in Option 1, but this time go straight to PLC's Private Parking Lot which is beside the Arc of Morong along the national road.
- From the Parking Lot, guests can avail of PLC’s private 4WD service that will bring you down to PLC from the parking lot.
- For better road directions, we recommend using Waze. Just enter "Bagac Morong Boundary". Please refer to the Waze screenshot attached.
At the ports of the Fajardo's & La Salle School, there are parking areas for cars staying overnight.
For better road directions, we recommend using Waze. Just enter “Jaime Hilario Integrated La Salle Morong”. Please refer to the Waze screenshot attached.
Via FerryOption 1: via MOA to Orion
- Take the ferry service at Mall of Asia (MOA) terminal. It is a 50 minute ferry ride to Orion Bataan.
- From the Orion port, there are free shuttle bus services going to Mariveles and Dinalupihan. Take the Dinalupihan bus.
- Tell the driver to drop you in Jollibee Balanga, before Dinalupihan. This is a 1 hour bus ride. From Balanga, you may take the several options listed above.
Via Hike or BikeOption 1: via Hiking (for advanced hikers only)
- Experienced hikers can make special arrangements with the PLC office before hand, wherein they will be allowed to hike down the 3 kilometer PLC parking road straight down to the beach. Entrance Fee of PLC applies upon arrival.
- Hikers can park their vehicle at the PLC parking lot. Day trip / overnight fees apply.
Option 2: via Biking (for advanced mountain bikers only)
- Experienced mountain bikers can make special arrangements with the PLC office before hand, wherein they will be allowed to bike down the 3 kilometer PLC parking road straight down to the beach. Person and bike entrance fees apply upon arrival.
- Bikers can park their vehicle at the PLC parking lot. Day trip / overnight fees apply.
Via Shuttle ServicePLC only offers shuttle service as part of its tour package.
Boat Transfers / Water Taxis:
Boat Transfers can be arranged for you together with your booking. Please refer to the PLC Menu attached for the updated rates. The current rate of Php1,800 is for a round trip (transfer and pick up). Be cautious of other boatmen who charge higher than our published rates. Ask for our assistance.
Boats used are the typical local outrigger boats that have a capacity of about 10 persons. They must have life vests as these are mandatory to wear during travel. Do not use a boat that has no life vests. PLC has a list of accredited boatmen that can be recommended to you. Others prefer to make this arrangement on their own, and that is totally fine.
There 2 recommended ports from where you can ride the boat transfer to PLC:
- Fajardos Resort (Bagac, Bataan) - around 25-30 minutes boat ride
- La Salle School (Morong, Bataan) – around 10-15 minutes boat ride
Especially for solo travelers or couples, it is advisable to inform us ahead of time, as it is possible that you can “boat pool” with other guests who are open to share their boat with you, to save on costs.
PLC Private Parking & Transfer Service:PLC has a private parking road - from main highway to PLC. In the main highway, this is where the PLC private parking lot is located. This is an alternative option for boat transfers, but boat transfers are still recommended. To preserve its eco-tourism facilities and nature, a parking lot with receiving area is available and guests will be picked up and brought down by PLC’s private 4WD service. Please inquire with the office regarding availability.
For the Parking lot fee, day trip and overnight fee apply. Payment is made at the PLC office after registration at the parking lot. For the private 4WD service, the fee is 200 per person with a minimum of 6 persons or 1,200. If number of guests are less than 6 persons, either pay the minimum fee above, or car pool with other guests, which can be arranged with your booking.
Yes, guests can now avail of the air-conditioned Beach Rooms. The details of the beach rooms are in the section below.
PLC has 8 cottages that can fit 6 people each and also 20 gazebo huts. Each Ocean-view Cottage can fit 4-6 persons with an area of 10 feet by 12 feet, while each Ocean-view Gazebo can fit 2-4 persons with an area of 8 feet by 8 feet.
They come with ceiling fan, beddings, pillows, mattress, blanket, mosquito net, privacy curtains, rain curtains, electricity outlets, waste cans, hammocks, picnic table & benches. At night it is advisable to close the privacy curtains and/or rain curtains, use the mosquito canopy net provided, use some insect repellent & mosquito coil. It can get cold at night in PLC so bring an extra jacket or blanket
Please refer to the PLC Menu attached for the updated rates. The rates indicated are per cottage/gazebo, not per person. Also, the entrance fee per person is not included in the cottage/gazebo rate, this is over & beyond.
Another sleeping option is the camping area. Guests can rent PLC tents (with mattress & pillow option) that can fit 1-3 people at the PLC sports shop, or can bring their own tents (and pay a pitching fee). During the habagat/monsoon season, it is advisable for guests with own tents or PLC tents, to also rent a Beach Mat to keep your tent dry from under, and/or a Tent Fly to keep your tent dry from above.
Yes, PLC has introduced the first cluster of beach rooms. There are 10 non-smoking rooms, each room is around 10 feet by 14 feet, 5 facing the forest, 5 facing the beach. This is located at the end of the cottage area. Each Beach Room is good for 2 adults. An additional adult/child can be added by paying the fee and extra mattress
The a/c beach rooms feature a permanent art exhibit. All hand made from eco-friendly materials, these paper mache art installations are by local artisans of Paete, Laguna, a town known for its craftsmanship since the 1800s. In partnership with craft sustainability initiative Takatak Project, who designed/painted the art pieces. The rooms facing the forest feature animals found in PLC. The rooms facing the sea feature marine creatures local to PLC. At night, the pieces glow through their pulsating neon paint.
The rooms do not have an in-suite bathroom, rather it has its own common bathroom pavilion & outdoor showers located beside the beach rooms, exclusive to beach room guests only. It also has its own picnic table, benches & umbrella outside each room. Beach room guests will also enjoy the private sun deck at the front of the beach rooms. Other inclusions include:
- Spacious Rooms - Non Smoking
- Exclusive bathroom pavilion
- Exclusive outdoor showers
- picnic table, benches & umbrella
- private sun deck
- Air Conditioning w/ climate control
- Black out curtains
- Ceiling Fan
- Beddings (queen size bed, 2 pillows, blanket, duvet)
- Bath Towel
- Morning kit (soap, shampoo, tooth brush and tooth paste)
- Heated Showers & Toilets w/ bidet (at the Common Bathroom Pavilion)
- LCD Flat Screen TV (with selection of music & videos)
- Writing Desk, Chair, Lamps & Tables
- Clothes Cabinet
- 24/7 Housekeeper
- Coffee & Tea Making facilities
- Mini Refrigerator
- Mini Bar (softdrinks, snacks, biscuits)
- Bottled water (Complimentary item)
- Safety Deposit Box upon request
Rates are inclusive of government taxes. Check-in time is 2:00pm; Check-out time is 10:00am. Inspection of room will be prior to check out. 100% full payment is required for booking. Cash basis only is accepted; no credit card service at the moment. Extended Stay Rates are applicable only upon full payment. A refundable Security Deposit Fee of Php 1,000 will be charged upon check-in. Rates quoted above are in Philippine Currency and subject to change without prior notice.
No Refund will be processed and all payments will be forfeited for cancellations made within seven (7) days prior to arrival. All Bookings are non-refundable but re-bookable within six (6) months from booking date. Bookings can now be processed either through (1) PLC’s website and Facebook page, (2) PLC’s partner online travel agencies (OTA) Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia & Traveloka, or (3) PLC’s email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please exercise silence & the non-smoking policies when in the rooms or its surrounding areas, as a courtesy to other guests. Lights-out policy of 10:00pm also applies. Do not leave any electronic gadgets unattended in the rooms, especially when plugged in the electric outlets.
For Overnight guests, Check-in time is 2:00pm; Check-out time is 10:00am: Late checkout requests are only up to 12:00pm, and require notice 24 hours prior to checkout, and this extension of stay shall be subject to room availability. Any guest extending beyond check-out time of 10:00am (without prior late check-out request) shall be subject to an automatic charge of Php1,000.00 per hour, and if extension exceeds check-in time of 2:00pm, the charge will be equal to another overnight stay.
For Daytrip guests, Check-in time is 8:00 am; Check-out time is 1:00 pm: No late checkout requests are allowed. Any guest extending beyond check-out time of 1:00 pm shall be subject to an automatic charge of Php1,000.00 per hour, and if extension exceeds 3:00 pm, the charge will be equal to an overnight stay.
Reception services at the PLC island office are from 9am to 5pm, however for early or late arrivals (case- to-case basis), guests must inform our office or staff in advance so that the team can prepare.
For the entrance fee, our guests can enjoy free use of the 1-kilometer white sand beach & waist-deep waters, bathroom & shower facilities, twenty eight (28) outdoor showers, two (2) natural spring pools, hammocks & beach umbrellas/chairs, tire swing areas, use of open-type kitchen & grill area, access to the lounge areas, restaurant/bar/cafe, general store & sports shop. The entrance fee also includes access to the bird/fowl mini-zoo, Miguelito Island’s tidal pools, cliff jumping area and snorkeling/swimming areas at the bottom of the island. For overnight guests, they can enjoy movie nights at the beach, acoustic night, and other special parties & events for guests
The updated rates can be found in the PLC Menu document. PLC caters to family & corporate trips, sports & nature-oriented group of friends, or anyone with an active lifestyle looking for fun things to do in a beach & eco setting. For beach sports, eco/nature-oriented activities or water-sports please refer to the PLC Menu attached for updated rates, to see the features included and pictures.
PLC only accepts cash.
All facilities & services offered by PLC can only be availed upon signing of the registration form at the island office. No registration, no access nor use.
For all sports rentals, rental form must be filled up, as well as pre-payment & valid id are required before use.
Since 2016, a lot of major improvements to PLC facilities & services were made and are still being made (including formal resort management operations); hence the rates have been adjusted accordingly. And from time to time, PLC will also roll out some off-season special rates, something to watch out for. PLC reserves the right to change its rates without prior notice.
Yes, PLC offers picnic tables for rent located at different parts of the beach. They can be rented either for daytrip or overnight. PLC also offers a special river-stream table, which is a long table located on top of the stream near natural spring pool #1. This is perfect for a "boodle fight in the streams" which can be arranged, or for drinks with friends & family.
Another option for day trip guests is the Beach Mats. As a day bed, they can fit around 1-4 people. Please inquire at the PLC office for availability.
Yes. PLC recently launched the Scarborough Restaurant, Shark Bar & Coconut Cafe. Guests can also avail of PLC’s set meals and meal package, where guests can choose from PLC’s pre-determined food choices for lunch, dinner and breakfast. For this, it is advisable to inform us in advance. Refer to the PLC Menu attached for updated rates.
PLC has several options for food. Guests can bring their own pre-cooked food & drinks. For this, you must bring your own plates & utensils.
Guests can also bring their own market ingredients and cook on the island, either bring your own cooking tools, or rent the portable grillers available at the PLC sports shop, or use the open-type kitchen & grill area located behind bathroom pavilion #2. Charcoal or oil is required as it is not LPG-powered. Also, plates & utensils can be borrowed based only on availability, so it is best to bring your own. Important PLC does NOT have “paluto” services where our staff will cook your ingredients.
Guests can also visit the general store to buy food, drinks, personal hygiene supplies and medicines.
If you plan to cook your own food or have your ingredients cooked by our staff, there are several places where you can buy. The new Balanga Public Market in Balanga City, Bataan is highly recommended & clean.
Another similar place is the Bagac Public Market in Bagac, Bataan. This is recommended if you plan to take your boat transfer via the port of Fajardo’s Beach Resort.
Another place we recommend is the small store beside the 7/11 located at the main junction of the highway (before you take a right leading to PLC). They have rice, fish, meat, vegetables, charcoal, oil, drinks, snacks, and an ice maker.
Another option would also be the Vista Mall along the highway, but this opens only during mall hours.
Yes. The general store sells ice and charcoal. But it is advisable for guests planning to cook to bring their own.
When visiting PLC please be mindful of your surroundings. Part of a good & memorable beach trip experience is your level of consciousness to the world’s garbage problem: this is not a special or extra task, it is our basic duty. Let’s do away with the “meron naman taga-linis” mentality.
Do not throw your cigarette butts on the sand. Use the designated smoking areas. Do not leave garbage on the sand: what you bring in, you must bring out. Or use the recycling cans across the whole beach. Minimize the amount of single use plastic that you bring to the island. We advise guests to bring personal garbage bags for their trash. Sand bonfires are not allowed on PLC property; bonfires on the sand destroy the sand's whiteness and are a forest fire risk. Gas cans or flammable liquids are not allowed to be brought in by guests. Let us follow the rules.
One of PLC’s campaigns is #kontingbasuraibulsamuna which encourages guests to pick up small pieces of trash, which they put in their shorts to throw away later. We also have recycling garbage cans all over the island, and we encourage guests to use these as well. Throwing of garbage on the sand, water & land areas are strictly prohibited. We also encourage guests to help clean up your immediate surroundings, as well as participate in the regular beach clean-up events and the PLC eco bricks program. If you see some garbage on the sand that’s not from your group, it would be a big help to Mother Nature to pick it up and throw. Do a mini-beach cleanup, start with yourself. Let’s all be responsible travelers.
You can inquire at the office for the PLC hiking program, trail options as follows:
- Miguelito Island Trail (beach-coastline-island view top) (2.0 km, 2 hours)
- PLC Waterfalls Trail (beach-river-3 waterfalls) (3.4 km, 2.5 hours)
Unless there is an experienced mountaineer in your group, the hiking guide will be required.
To clarify, the entrance fee of PLC includes access to Miguelito Island’s tidal pools, cliff jumping area and snorkeling/swimming areas at the bottom of Miguelito Island.
In comparison, the Miguelito Island trail mentioned above is a formal hiking route that starts at the beach up to the special access gate of the island that brings you to the viewpoint area on the top of the island, then back to the beach.
The typhoon / habagat season is also the perfect time to discover PLC’s hiking trails. Expect the profile & strength of each waterfall to dramatically increase in strength. It is advisable to wear non-slip hiking sandals or rain boots, outdoor wear and insect repelant. You can inquire at the office for the PLC hiking program, register & pay the hiking fee, get a guide, and get oriented & listed under the scheduled hike for the day. Unless there is an experienced mountaineer in your group, the hiking guide will be required.
For guests who will park their car at the PLC private parking lot on the highway, hiking down the very scenic parking road is a good way to reach PLC directly on the beach, and this is free, compared to the boat or 4x4 transfers.
You can inquire at the office for the PLC bike program, trail options as follows:
- PLC Bike Trail (beach-river-waterfall drop-off) (2.0 km, 30 minutes)
- PLC Road Trail (highway-beach) (3 km, 1 hour) (for advanced riders only)
Guests can bring their own bikes or rent from the bike station.
The typhoon / habagat season is also the perfect time to discover PLC’s biking trails. For guests with their own bikes who will park their car at the PLC private parking lot on the highway: biking down the parking road is a good way to reach PLC directly on the beach, and this is free, compared to the boat or 4x4 transfer. For mountain bikers, active sports enthusiasts, adventure seekers and nature lovers: go to PLC via the private PLC parking road. This 3km road starts at the highway near the PLC parking lot by the Arc of Morong, and ends directly at the beach. It is very scenic with 360 degree views of the West Philippine Sea, shaded canopy pathways, and lush greenery.
Yes, for all water-sports activities it is mandatory to wear a life vest. If you do not have one, rentals are available at the sports shop.
There is below standard signal for Smart subscribers. There is no signal available for Globe subscribers. There is Wifi signal available at the PLC island office.
Yes, PLC has this service in the PLC Menu. Once availed, our staff will set up the wood and metal drum. Guests are not permitted to setup on their own; as this is a strictly-controlled activity (Ex. the ash cannot touch the sand). For everyone's safety, bonfires directly on the sand are not allowed on PLC property. Sand bonfires destroy the sand's whiteness, it is a forest fire risk, and is not allowed. PLC rules also state that flammable liquids & gas cans are not allowed to be brought in by guests. Be mindful that you are in an eco resort and turtle/eagle sanctuary, more reason not to allow sand bonfires.
PLC has massage services available; please refer to the PLC Menu attached for updated rates. It is also best to book this in advance together with your booking.
PLC has recently been discovered to be a marine turtle sanctuary, specifically for the olive-ridley or pawikan turtle species. Every year, turtles hatch on the beach and the hatchlings go back to sea. With this, we encourage guests to be on the lookout for giant turtles on the water and hatchlings on the sand, usually around the cold months of October to January, so that we may document & record them, as well as implement standard marinefriendly releasing procedures.
In addition, PLC is home to resident Brahminy Kite Eagles. The mother eagle with a wingspan of 1 meter and her 2 offspring live on the right side of the cove. Every day they perform a daily show by hunting for fish inside the cove.
In the future, PLC will be launching its Giant Clam Adoption Program, together with the UP Marine Science Institute-BML in Bolinao, Pangasinan. The first batch of Tridacna Gigas or locally known as Taklobo shall be in PLC within this year.
No. PLC is an eco tourism resort and part of its program is to showcase wildlife on land and on sea. With this, PLC will be rolling out its scuba diving program which will rely on the preservation of its underwater resources. PLC is currently being processed as a marine sanctuary so that local fishermen can be mandated to stop fishing and convert to dive boat operations.
With this, guests are also not allowed to bring home any shell, starfish or sea creature from our cove and island.
In consideration to guests & wildlife on the island, please be courteous to other guests by keeping noise to a minimum in resort premises and refrain from loud music and noise from 10:00pm to 9:00am. All forms of Videoke, Sound Systems and/or other devices emitting disturbing noise are strictly not allowed.
Lights-out policy on the island is strictly at 10:00pm; all forms of alcoholic drinking sessions on the island must end by 12:00am midnight. Any guest violating the shut-eye & drinking hours shall be subject to a penalty of Php2,000 per person.
For children below 7 years old, entrance fee is waived. For senior citizens upon presentation of senior card, a 20% discount is given for entrance fee.
In consideration to other guests, Dogs and other pet animals of guests are strictly prohibited.
Yes, PLC can be booked exclusively, please refer to the “Location Shooting” rate at the PLC Menu attached. By exclusive, this means exclusive use of the beach cove, Miguelito Island and all standard facilities. Another option for corporate events is to book a portion of the cove: either the gazebo & camping area side, or the cottage side. Rates for each option can be computed upon request.
The day trip capacity of PLC can max at 350 guests. The overnight capacity for the 8 cottages, 20 gazebos, 100 beach tents, & 10 beach rooms combined, can accommodate about 280 guests. To add to this capacity, companies can bring additional tents.
Yes, please refer to the PLC Menu for the rates.
Yes, this has been done before, but since PLC is currently not accessible via land (all via 12 minute boat rides) and due to its eco-tourism facilities, only small weddings are advisable. Also, all logistics, equipment, materials, food, drinks, etc will have to be brought in. For weddings, the multi-purpose clubhouse / restaurant can be used for the main reception / dinner party.
Another wedding-related activity that PLC hosts are pre-nuptial photo shoots. Please refer to the PLC Menu attached for updated rates
In case of a typhoon, PPLC will broadcast daily weather forecasts in its Facebook & Instagram page. Safety first will always prevail especially with forces of nature. Once a ‘red flag’ status is raised, this means no swimming allowed. PLC guests are advised to call the team for possible rescheduling of your bookings. To those looking for alternatives to the boat transfer, the 1 hour trek using the 3 km PLC parking road is a last option.
The Habagat season usually starts June until September. It is a great time to travel, to see a different side of PLC: (1) the 3 waterfalls in the trails are strong, ideal for hiking & mountain biking (2) the south swell waves start to enter, ideal for surfing, skimboarding & standup paddling (3) the southwest monsoon winds kick in, ideal for windsurfing, kiteboarding & sailing. Rentals are available for all the sports mentioned above.
For hikers, mountain bikers, active sports enthusiasts, adventure seekers and nature lovers: we recommend going to PLC via the private PLC parking road. This 3km road starts at the highway near the PLC parking lot by the Arc of Morong, and ends directly at the beach. It is very scenic with 360 degree views of the West Philippine Sea, shaded canopy pathways, and lush greenery. For hikers this will be a 1-hour experience while for mountain bikers it is 30-minutes. Also, this is free compared to the boat or 4x4 services.
Expect the profile of the sand, greenery, flora & fauna and weather to dramatically change, it is another view of PLC, the habagat experience. Expect boat rides during this habagat season to encounter some waves or rain, if the boat man or team suggests to wait or turn back, we strongly advise to follow the directive. Your trip will be rescheduled at a later date if need be.
With the coming habagat season, it is advisable to use waterproof clothing, waterproof gear, mosquito nets, insect repellant & mosquito coil, medicines, flashlight, batteries & powerbanks. The habagat waves may bring in some plastic trash; we hope you can do mini-beach clean-ups at your PLC area.
We advise guests to plan your trip in advance, and finalize a booking ahead of time. 100% full payment is required for booking. Cash basis only is accepted; no credit card service at the moment.
No Refund will be processed and all payments will be forfeited for cancellations made within seven (7) days prior to arrival. All Bookings are non-refundable but re-bookable within six (6) months from booking date.
Reservations are considered confirmed only upon our receipt of the deposit, either through Paypal (“Playa La Caleta Waterfront Estates Inc.”) or bank deposit (Playa La Caleta Waterfront Estates Inc., PNB Jade Ortigas, Account No. 0401008609). Failure to make the Paypal or Bank deposit within the allotted time may result in the automatic cancellation of your reservation.
Reservations are on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. Because we have no control as to when guests make Paypal or Bank deposits, there are times when deposits may be made simultaneously. In such instances, we will reserve based on who sent his/her proof of deposit first.
In the event of simultaneous deposits and we cannot accommodate those who made later deposits, the stay may be re-scheduled.
A guest can be walk-ins on the island, but as mentioned above, pre-paid bookings will always be prioritized ahead of you. Please be advised.
If the booking with confirmed full payment is still more than one (1) week from arrival date, it can still be changed but only depending on availability. If the change you want is not available, then the change request will not be processed and the pre-confirmed booking will proceed as is.
If the booking with confirmed full payment is still more than one (1) week from arrival date, it can still be cancelled, but PLC cannot refund the money representing the payment, back. Instead, the guest has the option to change the booking within 6 months from booking date.
Yes, a person representing a group of people planning to go to PLC can make booking arrangements on behalf of the group. But as stated above, due to limited capacity and high demand, a downpayment shall be part of the booking reservation in order to finalize.
Bookings can now be processed either through (1) PLC’s website and Facebook page, (2) PLC’s partner online travel agencies (OTA) Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia & Traveloka, or (3) PLC’s email address, email@example.com.
Otherwise, walk-in guests can make their bookings directly at the PLC island office but that will be on a first come first serve basis with no guarantees.